Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ring Shopping Round 2

After we left the first jeweler on our ring extravaganza (chronicled in http://catholicweddinggirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/ring-shopping-round-1.html), we walked down to the other end of the mall to the other jeweler BB. BB is where my fiance had gotten my lovely pearl necklace, and I would have been completely satisfied skipping the first round and heading straight to this store.


Luckily, salsesperson was so much more helpful than the woman at the last store. "A" walked my fiance and I over to the wedding band counters and asked what style of ring I wanted. I told her that I thought I wanted a channel set band in palladium, to match the band of the engagement ring. At this point, we had a brief moment of confusion as she tried to show us bridal sets, then I showed her my ring and it clicked that I already had an engagement ring.

What I didn't realize was the difference that the shape of the stone makes. My engagement ring is a round stone, so it looks best (I think) with a ring like the one below. While we we were at BB, I saw several ones that looked to be the same size, but there was a big differences in the prices - several hundred dollars. I asked "A" why there was such a large difference, and, after looking at the item descriptions, she told us because the diamonds were higher quality in the more expensive ones. She also pointed out that the lower quality diamonds weren't as noticeable when they were in the channel setting, so it might not be "worth it" to spend the extra money, which is exactly what I was thinking.
"A" was really great when my fiance was looking at his rings, as well. She was really patient with us, since we were asking about the advantages and reasons for choosing certain metals over other metals, which ones were which. Even when she was unsure of an answer, she went and found out the answer by looking up the item in the back or asking another salesperson for help. I would have been fine buying our rings at this store, but we both felt like we "should" go back to K's, where he got my engagement ring.
More on that later. . .

No comments: