Friday, May 23, 2008

Ring Shopping - Round 1

I do not envy my fiance or any other person that has to look for engagement or wedding jewelry. It truly is an ordeal. When we decided that it was time to start looking for rings, my fiance decided that we should shop around, which makes sense, especially since we live near a mall, we have two jewelers right near us, and then we wanted to go back to K's where my fiance had found my engagement ring.

We first went to BBB, where we were greeted with a very lukewarm handshake by L. She sat me down in front of one of their collections and asked which style I liked. I told her and she had me try on a few rings, of those there was one I liked, but the ring I looked at was over $1800, which is at least twice as much as we were looking to spend. I really didn't like the store, and I was getting frustrated because the only rings she showed me were from the collection in front of me, which were all platinum. I didn't want a platinum ring, my engagement ring is palladium, so we were looking for that or white gold.

It was the kind of store encounter where the salesperson is intent on showing you a certain set of things and you feel like you can't even ask to see something else. L never asked us how much we wanted to spend, we had to sneak looks at the price tags when she wasn't looking. Oh well, on to the next store.

No comments: