Friday, May 30, 2008

Gift Registry Revisited

This weekend, I brought the dog to Houston so we could visit my parents. "We" (yes - the dog and I) had a free weekend, as my fiance is off to Las Vegas for his bachelor party (which I won't even begin to discuss in this post - mostly because I will not find out about the ridiculousness until he calls tonight after he's been drinking).


Since my mother has been diligently working on addressing the invitations this week, I told her that the least I could do while I was home was stuff the invitations. While I was stuffing them, I realized that once they were sent out, people might feel the urge to send us gifts (not a huge realization I know), so I started thinking about the registry.

I really think that stores need to encourage you to come back to review your registry. I was lucky enough to get the chance when I went to the store in preparation for a party we were throwing. We needed some more bowls, so we thought we should just get the ones off the registry. All well and good, but when I got them home, we realized they don't hold that much, certainly not a serving of soup, or more importantly cereal, or anything liquidy that might slosh out.


I was in the store the other day (because all of our spoons had disappeared) and I saw the place mats that my fiance and I had picked out. Ummm, I really don't know what we were thinking. They are REALLY ugly. The pattern looks like a blue and brown couch from the late 1970's. I don't really know what we were thinking - maybe that it would match the bedroom suite. Really, just kind of gross though.

Only problem is, I mentioned it to my mom, so now she wants to make it a group trip to Bed Bath & Beyond - and by group I mean, my mom, my sister, and me (not my fiance, since he's in Vegas). How fun.

No comments: