Thursday, June 5, 2008

More Ring Shopping

(For the previous posts - click here http://catholicweddinggirl.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding%20Rings)
This round of ring shopping was by far my favorite, which may have been influenced by the fact that I got to go downtown to meet up with my fiance during lunch, along with the fact that one of my favorite sushi places is right next door to the jewelry story. To further add to my good mood, I was even able to find parking on the same block.
After lunch, we went over to K's to look at the wedding bands. "J" greeted us and showed us to the wedding bands (not the same person who helped my fiance with the engagement ring, but you can't have everything). She and I hit it off immediately, as I described one of the men's rings as looking like subway tiles and she laughed hysterically. I can't help it - I love it when people think I'm funny.
She was very helpful, even to the point that when we told her that we were looking for rings in palladium, she offered to call one of their suppliers to see if my ring could be made since they did not have the style I liked in palladium. Wonderful! She wrote down the styles and the sizes we would need and said she would call me later with the price for the ring. We were hoping it would be less expensive, since the one I liked was upwards of $900. The big surprise was my fiance's ring, which was somewhere in the $600 range, even though it was just a brushed ring with a bezeled edge.

More to come . . .

No comments: