Friday, June 6, 2008

Ring Shopping Reconsidered

(For the previous posts about how I still haven't found a wedding band - click here http://catholicweddinggirl.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding%20Rings)

Last I left you, dear readers - as one of those advice columnists used to say, my fiance and I had found rings that we liked at K's, which we thought were a good price. All we were waiting on was to see how much my band would cost if it were made out of palladium instead of white gold. Our salesperson "J" called me back and let me know that the ring would be $1050, ie considerably more than the same in white gold. "I didn't get a chance to order your fiance's ring yet, I'll do it later this afternoon," she said. Order? When had we ordered the rings? I asked her to hold off on it until after I spoke to my fiance, and I would get back to her one way or the other.

Meanwhile, I hop on the internet to see what I can find. I looked around on Blue Nile, but everything was a lot more expensive than we had seen at K's, so I did what anyone my age would do - I turned to Google. I searched for "wedding bands" and several sites came up, including several sites which looked extremely sketchy. A couple that I looked at, and look legit, are skyfacet.com and weddingbands.com (subtle, I know). I think we're going to wind up going with the rings from one of these sites, they even let you engrave them and still ship in two days or something.

No comments: