Monday, May 12, 2008

Guest List

Oh my. My fiance and I made the trek to Houston, where we had "the meeting." The meeting I refer to is the one in which the guest list is finalized. The guest list was at 328 a month ago. Of course, my fiance and I had to add a few groups to that list, so it went up to 334.

So we went into the meeting thinking that my parents had recently reviewed the list and knew who they wanted to add or remove. Of course not. While my father perused the list, I sat at the table with him (note that fiance and mom are not there - they're across the room watching baseball with everyone else). The "review" consisted of my dad scrolling through the list, stopping occasionally (usually on one of my fiance's friends) and saying "Who's this?". I would say, "they're on the groom's side." "Oh, OK." And on and on it went.

Basically no one got cut, which is good that all of our friends stayed on the list, but unfortunately there are still more "business associates" to add.

I know it sounds whiny, especially since my parent's are paying for the wedding, but I really don't want to spend the reception running around and talking to 300 strangers. My fiance assures me that that won't happen and I'll be able to run around and talk to our friends all night, and seeing everyone won't take more than 15 minutes. Right. I wish I could live in oblivion land, sometimes.

No comments: