Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why They Need a MOB Handbook. . .

Today I took my dress to the seamstress. I felt so relieved to drop it off because:



1) it is heavy

2) it takes up a lot of room in the closet

3) when I tried it on, it zipped up perfectly!

Why - you might ask - are you even worried about number 3? I'll tell you. A couple of months ago, I went home to Houston and took the dress there to stay for a while (see number 2). I also wanted to show my dad what it looked like, in an effort to stop him from tearing up, and then me from tearing up, on the big day.

I tried on the dress, which fit, with just a little sucking in, when I picked it up at Belle Saison. My mom totally freaked out when she was zipping it up. "It's not going to zip!" - so I sucked in and it zipped, barely. Honestly, it was a little tight.

But, it was no reason to freak out, because, as I told her, I had just finished midterms, and in typical girl fashion, had baked and half eaten a batch of monster cookie bars. Which means that I was not at my "most svelte." When I told her this, she was not convinced and said something about the fact that my weight shouldn't fluctuate that much (keep in mind that the dress DID zipper, just a teensy bit tight - and I'm not lying about "teensy").

After I successfully zippered the dress myself today, I decided to call my mom and tell her not to worry. "I'm not worried about your dress. My dress fits, so that's all I can worry about." I realize that this may seem innocuous on first read, but read it as if worrying about whether or not the bride's dress fits was "anti" on your mind at all hours of the day. Yargh.

No comments: