Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wedding Favors

So I was reading a blog on the Real Simple website (http://simplystated.realsimple.com/nearlywed/2008/03/5-favors-on-a-f.html), and thank goodness. The editor who is writing the blog is also debating the whole favor issue.

Do you give your guests a favor? I mean, if we're going to have 350 guests at the wedding, the budget doesn't really allow for each of them to get an elaborate wine bottle opener. On the other hand, I've been to a few weddings in my day, and the favors from those weddings are not exactly hanging on my wall. I do appreciate the thought, but I'm just not going to plant seeds, and even if I did, they would probably be killed by the doggie.

So, the reason I referenced the blog above was that the editor writing the blog's first initial is M, and so is her fiance's, which is the same situation that I am in. Her mother is also really pushing for having M&M's at the wedding. I feel like it is just too obvious. I also don't really like the idea because my friend absolutely LOVES M&M's, but she didn't have them at her wedding, so I feel like it would be silly for me to have them at the wedding. Not to mention that I think my mom would be too cheap to order the bags of solid color M&M's in the wedding colors, so I would probably spend the week before the wedding at the house sorting out the green and yellow candies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you always have to give favors as the gift is being invited to your wedding :)

Regards,

Alex

www.bachelorpartyfun.com
www.bachelorettepartyfun.com
www.bridesmaid101.com
www.groomsmen411.com