Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back to Bridezilla Story - The Mother of the Bride Dress







Part II:

Shortly after the fuchsia email picture came in, the groom-to-be and I were due to go into Houston to visit the fam. Despite having a crapload of work to do for (grad) school, I allowed myself to be dragged down to the Galleria to look for other dresses. I just knew that this was going to be a fruitless journey, mostly because we were going to Neiman's, Nordstrom's, and Saks. My mother is cheap - most of the time when we were growing up, she bought her jeans at Academy (nothing "wrong" with that - just unlikely that she will be OK buying a special occasion dress at Galleria prices.

For most of the morning my mother entertains herself pulling dresses that are tangerine and pink and made for a nineteen-year-old. As I said before, I just don't understand why - she wore a light green suit to my sister's wedding and seemed to be perfectly happy. I suggest a couple of silver numbers, but "silver looks bad" on her.

As I knew we would, we wound up hading back to T. Carolyn (which is only 15 minutes from the house) where I managed to convince her to try on a few more MOB-ey dresses that I find. She also pull several other dresses - which all look like cocktail dresses - especially when hiked up around her waist - as shown in the picture on the previous post.

Finally, I convinced her to try on this one dress-jacket combo (shock - in light blue), and she liked it! Note: in the picture, she is indeed wearing a full length dress, but while she was being rung up she made sure to get the number for a seamstress to take it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. Congrats on talking her out of fuschia.