Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Bridezilla Weekend

I have been reluctant to blog about my Bridezilla weekend, since that would mean I would have to admit that I had been a bridezilla. I admit it, I am a Bridezilla.

It all started when my mom went shopping for her MOB dress (at T. Carolyn - apparently "THE" Mother-of-the-Bride dress store) with my little sister. She emailed me the picture from her phone. The first thing I noticed was the color - which is best described as fuchsia. The second thing I noticed was that she had the dress bunched up around her waist.

I replied to the email and asked her if she was serious. She rarely is, but the fact that she went into the store and actually tried on the dress led me to believe she was. Emailing allowed me to protest in a passive-aggressive fashion.

Later, I talk to her on the phone - she loves the dress. It is fabulous. Perfect. She loves it.

I bring up the fact that it is supposed to be 1) a more formal wedding at which a long dress would be appropriate and 2) the bridesmaid dresses are a light green - clash city.

I do not bring up the fact that she is 50 years old and does not need to be wearing a hot pink dress.

She protests that it is August - it will be hot, she refuses to wear a long dress.

I, with great futility, remind her that we are not getting married outdoors, and the great city of Houston is fully air-conditioned.

Luckily, I was headed to Houston for the weekend, so she reminded me that we could go shopping together and see just how fabulous the pink dress is.

More later...

No comments: