Monday, January 14, 2008

Informal Cake Tasting

My fiance and I were at the Central Market yesterday, so I pulled a five-year old move and stood in front of the cake case and gave him my best pitiful expression.

Out of nowhere, he suggested that we get a slice of cake to taste it. Conveniently, the store sells cake by the slice. They only had three flavors out in the case, so we decided to get the white cake with buttercream icing. Sooooooooooooo good. Soooooooooooooo good.

The cake tasted amazing. It was light and soft, but very dense, just like I like it. The icing was buttercream perfection. Thin enough to not be a solid chunk of icing on the cake, but thick enough to not be called runny. The favor of the icing was vanilla, but I think there was a touch of citrus to give it an edge. Enough salivating for now.

No comments: