Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wedding Planning or School

It's official. I have officially decided that I would much rather deal with any and all crap that I may get from my mother about the wedding than put up with the crap at school. More to the point, I have realized that there are people who you will have to explain obvious things to everywhere, and that it is much more preferable to deal with wedding crap than school crap.

Reason 1: I will get to enjoy my wedding. True, I will also enjoy the benefits of my graduate education, but the wedding will be a much more "realized" enjoyment. The culmination of months of planning will be realized in 8 hours of emotional, frenzied enjoyment. There will also be a graduation ceremony, but the extra bucks don't all roll in at once.

Reason 2: I love my parents. Despite the fact that I may get frustrated with my parents (particularly my mom) while we are planning the wedding, we have a strong relationship, and no matter what happens, we'll always be there for each other. The same is not so for my classmates. Some of them are jerks, some are not, but are pains to work with, and I will not mind if I don't talk to some of them after graduation.

All in all, it sounds as if I will feel much more gratified if I drop out of school and just plan my wedding. Riiight.

No comments: