Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Groom's Attire

Oh my. I must admit, when I was a little girl, I didn't really "play wedding" all that much, but when I did, I certainly didn't think that much about what the groom was going to wear.

My groom, however, is putting quite a lot of thought into it. We had multiple discussion on appropriate attire. The timing of the wedding is the chief cause of concern. The ceremony will take place at two in the afternoon, but the reception won't start until six in the evening, meaning that it will be dark during the reception. If the ceremony and reception were both during the day (as my fiance has informed me), the choice would be simple: a morning coat. If both took place after sunset, a tuxedo would be more in order.

I think I may have finally convinced him that while a tuxedo would not be the traditional choice of garment, that most people, especially those attending our wedding, would find a tuxedo acceptable. Apparently, I have only just started a series of long discussion, as we must now discuss the appropriate collar, vest or cummerbund, and what the groomsmen will be wearing.

1 comment:

Christine Tremoulet said...

Here in Houston, I would expect a tux for that time of day, especially since it is an evening reception.

Good luck with the selection of all those details - I'm with you, I didn't think about them at all, and my now husband made a very big deal about them! As he pointed out, it was really the one thing he got to be in charge of - so I let him just go for it!