Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Too Much Time to Plan

This post is not meant to sound braggy, but I can see how it mght from the title. The title is not meant to imply that we are done with the planning and are just going to sit around watching TV for the five months until the big day. We don't have too many things to do really: cake, the men's attire, and the invitations are the big things left to go (plus a hundred some-odd little to-do's).

One of my best friends gave me some advice, which lately, I have really appreciated. She told me that once I had picked out my dress, I shouldn't pick up another bridal magazine, because it would only make me second guess myself. I didn't think that it would be that much of a problem. I feel like there is so much time until the wedding, and it's been months since I made some of these decisions, so the "vision" of the wedding is getting a little fuzzy around the edges. Which means that I have wondered if I can really trust the florist with the centerpieces or not (which I can). I just need to stop thinking about everything, which means that I want to get the rest of the decisions made, so I only have to worry about the little things.

No comments: