Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Despite what they tell you... Make haste with your decisions

We really must get cracking on getting the wedding cake order. I normally wouldn't be all that worried about it, but now we have entered a very bad period in the wedding planning phase, commonly known as the "Everyone You Know Knows Someone that Bakes Wedding Cakes."

As I have posted earlier (http://catholicweddinggirl.blogspot.com/2008/01/cake-cake.html), my sister had talked to people about our cake visit, and several people recommended a co-worker to her.

Well, over the weekend one of my aunt's (an in-law) emailed me to say that her friend does wedding cakes, has done them for quite some time, and even has a website setup. The website has everything except for pictures of wedding cakes (????). How does that help convince anyone to use you as a baker? I would think that the main difference in a wedding cake is that the baker needs to be able to create something that is extra special for a couple's wedding day. Then, my aunt neglected to include the link to the website, which, I guess I don't need, since there aren't any pictures on it...

No comments: