Wednesday, July 16, 2008

RSVP

Seriously. Does anyone RSVP anymore? Over one half of our guests did not RSVP to the wedding. Even though I allowed two weeks between when the RSVP's were due and the date that we had to give the final number to the reception hall, my mom is freaking out. I am just aggravated. I must admit that I have been bad about RSVPing in the past, but in my defense those were the wedding invitations that I got from distant relatives when I was 18. I think at that point, they should have included me on my parents' invitation.

The people that I am particularly peeved at are (with the corresponding reasons):

1) my fiance's entire family - the only people that RSVP'ed were his grandparents. There are 15-20 some-odd invitations with his family's name on it that we did not get RSVP's for. My fiance is unconcerned, saying that none of them are coming anyway, but it would still be nice if we knew for sure.

2) good friends from business school - who I think are coming, assured me they were coming, but I have emailed a few of them, and one of them has said she now cannot come and the other I haven't heard from at all. Very odd.

3) a friend that recently got married - this is irking me because she bugged me about getting my RSVP before they were due, when I was in the wedding party. Yes, I should have been more on top of it, but she knew I was going to be there.

2 comments:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

wowza! i can't believe that in this day and age people still think that not RSVP'ing is a good idea. argh. time to hit the phones i guess.

Ms. 122 said...

i am so not looking forward to the great rsvp phone call marathon that will no doubt have to take place with all of our guests too.

btw: a put a little link love on 122rollcall, hope that's ok, but let me know if it's not.

:)