Monday, July 14, 2008

Bachelorette Party

This weekend I think I had the best bachelorette party a girl could ask for. My lovely bridesmaid sister offered to plan the whole thing and just wanted to know what I wanted to do. Since I live in Austin, I thought it might be fun to either head to one of the lakes or go down to the river in New Braunfels. After a little hunting, we found a really great set of vacation condos right on the Guadalupe river. The condos (Waterwheel Condos) were pretty inexpensive and were pretty new, so not completely trashed. There were two pools and three hot tubs to accommodate everyone.

I had the most fun. There were cakes and jello shots in the shape of naughty bits and very lovely gifts of lingerie. My favorite part of the whole weekend may have been the hat that I wore on the river, which my sister and cousins made. They took a yellow straw hat and added a pair of panties with a veil on the back, then attached condoms all over the brim. A very cute and useful accessory on the river (especially when our own beer supplies ran out on the river and we used my bachelorette status to obtain pity beers). A great time was had by all.

3 comments:

Skywalker said...

I have a question for you and I couldn't find how to email so I'm sending you a post - what is the order of a Catholic Mass without eucharist?

Liturgy of the Word
1st Reading
Responsorial Psalm
2nd Reading
Gospel

Rite of Marriage

catholicweddinggirl said...

I didn't know how familiar you are with Catholicism, so here's more than you probably needed:

Liturgy of the Word

Opening Prayer
Old Testament Reading
Responsorial Psalm
New Testament Reading Gospel Acclamation
Gospel
Homily

Rite of Marriage
Declaration of Consent
Exchange of Rings
Prayer of the Faithful
Concluding Rite
Lord’s Prayer
Final Blessing
Recessional

Skywalker said...

Thanks!

I have been going to Mass for a few months and I have the standard Sunday Mass down pat. I just didn't understand the Marriage Rite aspect.

This helps soo much.