Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wedding Seating Assignments

Alright, I know that we all hated to be told where we were sitting in class, but I really think that it helps at wedding receptions.



Over the weekend, my fiance and I attended a wedding, which was wonderful - more on that in a later post. The one real point of confusion was over seating at the reception. A friend of mine and I were in the wedding party, and as we walked into the reception hall, the groom's aunt told us that we were supposed to sit in the small section of tables near the dance floor. We made our way over there, which was easy to find as most of the "family" was milling around the section.



We looked for placecards, but all we found were table cards denoting "reserved." We weren't sure if that meant for family, or just the wedding party, but there it did not appear there would be room for both. Our dates came up to us and asked where they were supposed to sit, but we clearly didn't know what to do. Then, like the true gentlemen they are, they started complaining because the few tables that had people they knew at them were full.

My friend and I finally decided to tell the guys to sit with us, and if there was a problem, someone would come tell us. Luckily, no one did, so we assumed it was OK.

We will have assigned tables at our reception, if for no other reason than to prevent our friends from having to talk to my crazy relatives.

No comments: