Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Dress is Here!

Earlier this week, Belle Saison called and told me that my dress was in! I called my mom, who, despite the delivery date estimate, was surprised that it was already in.

Yesterday, I stopped by the shop after a meeting up at school and picked up my dress. I didn't think it would take too long, but I spent almost an hour there. "My" salesperson Kim was busy when I got there, but another woman sent me back to the dressing rooms, where my dress was set up. While I waited for Kim to come to the back, I looked at the dress to make sure that every thing looked ok. I saw a couple of threads that had come loose, but I didn't know if they had come from the beading or not, so I didn't want to pull on them.

Kim came in to the room and I tried on my dress. I had to try on a couple of different petticoats so that we could get the skirt to fall right, then different shoe heights until we got the skirt off the floor. There are satin bands at the bottom with embroidery, so altering the dress for length could have been difficult. I was very proud of myself, because I managed to decide on and order a veil and the hairpins, without anyone else's help. I'm usually much more indecisive than that.

No comments: