Thursday, January 3, 2008

Redirecting Flirting Aggression

We recently returned froma family vacation, of which the primary activity was golf. My married sister and I both play, but our younger sister does not.

The last day of the trip, the youngest rode along on the cart while the rest of us played. All of the women were in one group, while the guys were in another, which made it extra easy to torment my youngest sister.

The first guy we tried to foist her off on was the starter. Before the first tee, our dad decided he would use a motorized bag carrier. He started pressing buttons before the starter could even give him directions, and crashed in the carrier into a cactus. My sister and I noticed that the starter was really cute and tried to get our little sis to stay behind, "because it was too cold to ride this early.

Later in the round, we caught up to the group in front of us momentarily, and one of the players waved at us. He happened to be really cute (but who knows how many years older than our college-aged sister). My married sister and I proceeded to contrive ways to get our younger sister to jump ahead to the other group.

How will my married sis and I vent our flirting frustrations once the little one gets into a serious relationship? Good thing we have a lot of cousins.

No comments: