Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You Know It's Love When...

Alright, so I had seen this video when I was looking for a YouTube clip for a class of mine. I, of course, clicked on it. The video is of a couple in England, who, for their first dance, re-enacted the final dance scene in Dirty Dancing. How does that happen? For this to happen, all of the following had to occur:

  • The bride had to want to re-enact the dance
  • The bride had to ask the groom to re-enact the dance with her, which means that he would be dancing (Swayze-style) in front of all of his drinking buddies and family.
  • The bride and groom had to practice the dance (do you think they went to a lake and practiced in the water first?)
  • The bride and groom had to convince a DJ that they actually wanted him to play the song while they performed the dance (again, the groom is emasculated in front of another guy)
  • The bride and groom actually PERFORM

I can only imagine what my fiance would say when I approached him with this idea (not that I would - I have horrible stage fright, and a lack of a complete obsession with Dirty Dancing). So, yes, it is surprising, but not all that unexpected that one couple coordinated this. What is shocking is that if you search "wedding dirty dancing" on YouTube, there are multiple couple's who performed this choreography in public.
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhlm9GTAQ0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.