Monday, November 26, 2007

Save-the-Dates

The save-the-date drama has officially begun. My lovely sister has graciously offered to print the cards out for us and send them out, too. She put together a proof last night, and, as we were on our way home from our Thanksgiving trip, she called to tell me that it was done and that she would email a color copy of it to me from her office in the morning. She had included the web address for our website so that the guests could check for travel and lodging information. I realized that I hadn’t talked to my mom to see if she had reserved a block of rooms for the guests (which is a task that she took upon herself and told me not to mess with).

I hung up with my sister and rang up my mom to ask her about the rooms.

Mom: Well, I haven’t looked into that because I don’t know how many rooms to get. How many save-the-dates are you sending out?
Me: 100, but that doesn’t include some of dad’s relatives who aren’t getting one (because they don’t all need one).
Mom: Well, ok, why don’t you send the guest list to me.

She keeps obsessing over having the “final” copy of the guest list. She has a copy of it. I really think she’s making everything too hard for herself, I mean, there aren’t too many out of town guests that aren’t getting save-the-dates. The number of rooms is at best a guess, why does she think she needs the actual list? Why am I stressing out about this? Yargh.

No comments: