Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things I Miss About Texas

1. Shorts (especially at Christmas-time)
2. Produce (why are the onions half the size here?)
3. Driving (but not paying for gas)
4. Fewer crazy people on the streets (maybe there are just as many in Austin, but they don't curse at you)
5. Sweaters are always on sale (because - when would we wear them?)
6. Grass, and trees (that's my dog's input)
7. Tex-Mex food
8. Wine Wednesday's
9. Beer for less than $6.00
10. Big grocery stores
11. Not worrying about stepping in puddles
12. Air not permeated by exhaust

There are obviously other things that I miss about Texas, most notably the people I care about that live there, but it should be obvious that I miss them. If not, and you're one of those people, I miss you.

5 comments:

A.B. said...

Is it already Christmas there? I mean, I know that it's later in the day, but Christmas already?

Erin said...

I would miss all those things too, some of many reasons I don't plan to leave! But I always though onions would be better in NY. My dad's sister who grew up there was crowned Onion Queen in high school. I guess that competition wasn't that high after all!

Skywalker said...

I hate to tell you but - nothing compares to home. I miss Margarita nite ($2 ritas, chips and white queso - that's a meal). I miss tailgating too much to explain as well as chicken fingers (don't ask). But most of all I miss the comfort of home.

But I will say this - now that you're above the mason dixon - invest in some wellingtons. The rain up here can be associated with the cold so protect your feet (plus it makes puddle jumping more fun) - www.llbean.com or hunters has some good pairs.

Maggie said...

I think that the main problem with the onions are the ones that are selected to go to the grocery outlets. The onions at the farmer's market are great, but I don't always have time to head over there for a huge shopping trip.

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.