Thursday, September 11, 2008

NYC

I will write about moving in, but it seems rather inappropriate to do so today. I feel like I'm intruding on New York today. I wasn't here seven years ago, so I don't feel the same way about it as people who were here then must feel now. What happened was more distant for me - when my roommate woke me up, I couldn't even comprehend what she was saying. We spent the day watching the news in disbelief in our dorm room. I still don't even know how to comprehend how people in New York must have felt.

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

I feel your dilemma - I was a sophmore in college and just gotten home from a morning class to finish a project when it happened. Again, a spectator while my husband who had been in DC for a year was in traffic trying to get home because of the Pentagon attacks.

It was a struggle to get to work this morning because the President and the Pentagon officials shut down the major transportation arteries in Virginia leading both the Pentagon and DC (which means it took twice as long to get to work). But oddly enough, its business as usual here.