Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Registry Stalker

I'll admit it, my fiance and I stalk the registry almost religiously, and I am not ashamed about it. It's fun to see what people are getting you. I really don't see the problem with it, for many reasons:

1) if someone gets you something from the registry, the gift is not going to be a surprise anyway
2) none of the guests will watch you open your presents after the wedding, so you don't even have to act surprised
3) if you know someone purchased something, you can watch for it in the mail so your completely unhelpful leasing office doesn't leave it in their mailroom for it to rot
4) if you are moving right after the wedding, it is helpful to know what of your old stuff you can give to Goodwill (maybe this is just specific to us)
5) again if you are moving right after the wedding, you'll be able to tell just how many things have been shipped to your mother's house (after the "cutoff date") that are going to have to get shipped to your new apartment (when you finally figure out where that will be)
6) one morning you will wake up and check the registry and there will be a whole bunch of things "fulfilled" and it will feel like Christmas twice (once when you see that they've been purchased and once when you actually open them)

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

Funny post.

I have gotten money, a small silver thing (I think its a bowl), and a traditional Pueblo Indian Vase - which was by far the best present because my new family - all members of the Lakota Sioux tribe.

I think my family thinks its a "gift" for them to come. Oh well.

I had a coworker was invited ask if I wanted cash or the registry. I said the registry - I mean why guess? I just told you what I wanted in three, no wait four lists.