Friday, March 7, 2008

Yet Another Anti-Climactic Moment

Everything in wedding planning is not as exciting as one would think. Only a couple of weeks after I placed the order for the invitations (from MyGatsby), I got an email saying that they had shipped, and would be here in another week. I "patiently" checked the updated shipping status until it finally read "Delivered," and then I went over to the apartment office to pick them up.

Much like picking up my wedding dress, I think I expected the birds to sing or sunshine to come out of the box. The contents of the box looked rather sterile. Each part of the invitation was bundled together in stacks and wrapped in plastic shrink wrap, and the stacks are wrapped in bubble wrap. At this point, I'm terrified of opening them. What if they get wrinkled? Aide from that, my dog has developed a taste for paper, so it's probably best that they stay in their box for the next two months.

No comments: