Thursday, February 28, 2008

It Never Hurts to be Persistent

I have to applaud the way my mom has handled reserving the rooms at the hotels. I was doubtful at first, especially when she just could not get a meeting with the woman at the Hilton Garden Inn. The Hilton Garden Inn is fairly close to the reception and ceremony sites, but we wanted to block a set of rooms with them because they are right off of FM 1960, one of the major streets in the area, but it's also a nice hotel.

My mom had been having real problems getting in touch with the woman who was in charge of reserving room blocks, AND she kept getting misleading information from other sources. One person finally told her that to reserve the room block, she would have to put all of the rooms on her credit card, and if they didn't get picked up by someone else, she would get stuck with the bill. Just hearing about it ticked me off.

A month later she told me she had a meeting with the woman at the hotel. I told her that I thought she had given up on it. Later, she called me with the good news.

Not only would the hotel offer a group rate on the rooms without her putting down her own credit card, but they would offer us the use of the shuttle bus, as well. We had known that they had the shuttle bus, but we thought that one of the sites was just outside the range. The woman who helped us said that we could arrange the times that the shuttle would run, and they would even offer the guests a sign-in sheet when they checked in, and the sheet would allow them to reserve times for the shuttle run to the ceremony and reception.

No comments: